- How To Do A Fresh Install Of Macos Mojave
- To Setup The Installation Of Macos Mojave Click Continue Install
Windows Mac; Windows 7 and newer, including Windows 10: Mac OS X El Capitan and newer, including macOS Mojave (Catalina users see warning below): If using MathType with Pages (et.al.) on macOS 10.14 Mojave, please make sure that you are using Pages 7.3, Keynote 8.3, and Numbers 5.3 or later. In 2018–19, Apple faced criticism for its failure to approve NVIDIA web drivers for GPUs installed on legacy Mac Pro machines (up to mid 2012 5,1 running macOS Mojave 10.14). Without access to Apple-approved NVIDIA web drivers, Apple users faced replacing their NVIDIA cards with graphic cards produced by supported brands (such as the AMD.
- To Install macOS Mojave on VMware on Windows 10 using a pre-made ISO filled with only macOS Mojave setup then go through the step by step guide down below and do exactly as the guide is shown. Newer versions of macOS are out, So check the guides below to install them.
- Big Sur, Catalina, or Mojave is recommended for this version. To install, download the razorsql933.dmg (Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave or High Sierra only) or razorsql933x64.dmg (for Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite, El Capitan, macOS Sierra, macOS High Sierra, macOS Mojave) file to your machine. Double click the.dmg file.
Please note: There is another version of MathType, intended for 'web' applications such as blogs, LMSs, and other web apps and websites. For the integrations of MathType, please see our documentation on MathType Integrations and MathType Apps.
What you'll find on this page:
- Requirements. What operating system and version of MS Office is required?
- Installation. Description of the installation process.
- Evaluation mode. Running the 30-day MathType trial.
- Activate the product. Unlocking MathType for full use beyond the trial period.
- If your license expires. What are your options after your MathType license expires?
- MathType setup dialog. Dialogs you'll see during installation.
- Installing over an older version. Upgrading MathType.
- Checking for the latest version. Making sure you're using the latest release.
|Windows 7 and newer, including Windows 10||Mac OS X El Capitan and newer, including macOS Mojave (Catalina users see warning below)|
|If using MathType with Pages (et.al.) on macOS 10.14 Mojave, please make sure that you are using Pages 7.3, Keynote 8.3, and Numbers 5.3 or later. If not, please update to these versions.|
|If using MathType with Microsoft Office it must be|
|Office 2007 or newer, including Office 2019 and Office 365||Office 2011 or newer (version 15.39 or newer), including Office 2019 and Office 365. For Office 2011, please see our warning about MathType and Office 2011|
To install MathType, exit MathType, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook, then run the MathType Setup Program by double-clicking the file you downloaded. This file will be named MathType-mac-en.pkg for Mac and MathType-win-<lang>.exe for Windows, where <lang> is the 2-letter code for the language you downloaded.
To complete the installation, follow the instructions in MathType Setup dialogs.
You can Evaluate MathType for 30 days by choosing that option after installation. The full version of MathType will be installed, and you will enjoy the same functionality as the unlocked version.
When you open MathType during the trial period, a dialog will appear showing the number of days remaining in your trial:
You may also manually check the number of days remaining, by going to MathType's Help menu (only in MathType itself, not on the MathType tab in Word) and clicking About:
You can unlock MathType at any time with a valid product key, without reinstalling.
Activate the product
You may activate MathType either from the MathType window itself, or from the MathType tab in Word. After installation, when you first open MathType you will have the opportunity to enter your product key if you have purchased one, or to begin a 30-day trial if you don't have a product key:
Activating during the evaluation period
If you are evaluating the product and later want to activate it with a purchased product key, choose the Unlock/Register MathType… command on MathType's Help menu (not on the MathType tab in Word, but in MathType itself) and enter the product key into the dialog that opens.
The product key is on the payment confirmation web page and also in the order confirmation email you received.
- Once you've obtained a product key, enter your information.
- In order to receive free technical support and important notices, register your copy of MathType by entering your email and ensuring the check box that allows the installer to send your information to WIRIS is selected.
Expired MathType trial
Once the evaluation period has expired, most MathType functions are deactivated. When you open MathType, you will get this notice:
If you choose to Continue in deactivated mode, your options are limited:
- One thing you cannot do in deactivated mode is edit the equation.
- One thing you can do is to open MathType's Cut and Copy Preferences and choose a text format (LaTeX or MathML). You may copy the equation in one of those formats and paste it elsewhere. The reason this feature remains enabled is it allows you to continue using your equations elsewhere, perhaps in a WordPress web page or blog, or in an LMS such as Canvas or D2L.
- If you're in Word, you may convert the equation to a Word equation. When you double-click an equation in the document, you'll see this dialog: If you click Cancel, you're returned to the document and nothing is changed. If you click Yes, MathType will convert the equation into an OMML (i.e., MS Office) equation, allowing you to continue using your equation and editing it if you need to. If you click No and 'Continue in deactivated mode', you'll see the equation opened in MathType, but with no toolbars:Proceed as described in the second bullet above.
If your license expires
You'll find more information about this subject on the Using MathType page, but if your MathType license expires it will behave as if it were an expired 30-day trial. You can re-activate MathType by purchasing a new product key from the Wiris Store.
MathType setup dialog
This dialog allows you to either install MathType or remove an existing MathType installation. If you're installing for the first time the Remove button will be disabled.
Click this option to install MathType to the folder shown in the Destination Folder box.
Use this area to change the folder on your hard disk where Setup will install most of MathType's files. Use the Browse button to navigate to a folder. Setup will also install fonts and system files into appropriate system folders on your hard disk.
Click OK to begin the installation process. Click Exit to terminate Setup and abort the installation.
Click this option to remove MathType from the folder shown in the Remove MathType from box.
How To Do A Fresh Install Of Macos Mojave
Remove MathType from
Use this box to choose which folder on your hard disk Setup will remove MathType from. Use the Browse button to navigate to a folder. Details on the files installed by Setup are included in the MathType Administrator's Manual available in the support section of the Wiris website.
Click OK to begin the removal process. Click Exit to close Setup and abort the removal.
Installing over an older version
MathType 5/6.x and MathType 7 cannot be installed simultaneously, and MathType 7's installation process removes MathType 5/6.x. You'll still be able to exchange documents containing MathType 5/6.x equations as the equations are fully compatible.
If you're currently using an earlier version (3.x or before) you have the option of overwriting it or installing MathType 7 into another folder. The decision as to whether or not to replace your old version of MathType with a new one is one you should consider carefully.
Overwriting an old version of MathType
If you choose to overwrite the older version of MathType, any equations you created with the old version will be automatically updated to the new version of MathType whenever you edit them. Normally, this is what you want as it lets you use the features of the new version of MathType when editing your equations.
If you send documents containing equations to your friends and associates, converting equations to the new version is not a problem unless: Package central.
- They need to edit the equations (viewing and printing are not a problem), and
- They do not have the new version of MathType and are not willing to upgrade.
If both of the above are true, leave the old version of MathType installed. This way, when you edit old equations the old version of MathType will be invoked. When you create new equations, you will have your choice of using the old or new version of MathType.
Removing the application
To remove MathType, do one of the following:
- Choose Remove MathType from the MathType 7 sub-menu of the Windows Start menu or,
- Choose Control Panel from the Windows Start menu, then Add/Remove Programs (or Programs and Features or Apps and Features), then choose MathType 7 from the list of removable applications.
- In a Finder window, go to
Applications/MathTypeand run the Uninstall MathType application.
This will run MathType Setup with the Remove option pre-selected. Follow the instructions presented in Setup's dialogs.
Checking for the latest version
MathType supports both automatic and manual checking to find out if a newer version of MathType is available. The checks access the latest MathType version information via your Internet connection. After checking the version, a dialog will be displayed letting you know the results of the comparison.
MathType will normally perform this check once a month. If you want to check more often, manually choose the Check for Latest Version Now… command whenever you want to check for a newer version. This command is in MathType's Help menu, under MathType on the Web. Note this is not on the MathType tab in Word; it is in MathType itself.
To Setup The Installation Of Macos Mojave Click Continue Install
If there isn't a newer version of MathType available, the version check may occasionally display information about other Wiris products that have been released. If you'd prefer not to see these, either click the Don't show me this again checkbox in the message, or uncheck the Show Tips command on the MathType on the Web sub-menu of the Help menu. Note this is not on the MathType tab in Word; it is in MathType itself. Screen shot below is from Windows, but it's the same in Mac.