Try these steps first
- Restart your device:
- Check your network connection. To send a message as iMessage or MMS, you need a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection. To send an SMS message, you need cellular network connection. If you turn on Wi-Fi Calling, you can send SMS messages over Wi-Fi.
- Check with your carrier to see if the type of message you’re trying to send, such as MMS or SMS, is supported.
- If you’re trying to send group MMS messages on an iPhone, go to Settings > Messages and turn on MMS Messaging. If you can't see an option to turn on MMS Messaging or Group Messaging on your iPhone, then your carrier may not support this feature.
- Make sure your device has enough space to receive images and videos.
- Make sure you've entered the correct phone number or email address for the contact.
If you see a Waiting for Activation alert, find out what to do.
Go to your iPhone’s Settings. Tap on Messages and select the “Receive at” option. Tap the caller ID and select your phone number. Restart imac with keyboard. Turn off iMessage. Wait for a few seconds then enable it again. Go to your Mac computer. Select Messages, then go to Preferences. Click on Accounts, then select iMessage. (b) on the iPhone, disabled and re-enabled iMessage (Settings Messages), and then enabled the telephone number (Settings Messages Send & Receive, and tapped the telephone number on You can be reached by iMessage at settings page. A notification was then shown on the iPad. To do so, make sure that your iMessage is logged in with the same Apple ID across all your devices, and then on your iPhone, go to Settings Messages Text Message Forwarding. From there, you can choose the devices that can sync up with your iPhone, and send or receive texts. Message Bubble is Green, Not Blue. Photo Credit: iMore.
If you still need help, locate your issue below to find out what to do next.
Not Receiving Imessages On Iphone 6
If you see a red exclamation mark
If you try to send a message and you see with an alert stating Not Delivered, follow these steps:
- Check your network connection.
- Tap , then tap Try Again.
- If you still can’t send the message, tap , then tap Send as Text Message. Messaging rates may apply. Contact your carrier for more information.
If you see a green message bubble
If you see a green message bubble instead of a blue one, then that message was sent using MMS/SMS instead of iMessage. There can be several reasons for this:
- The person that you sent the message to doesn't have an Apple device.
- iMessage is turned off on your device or on your recipient’s device. To check if iMessage is turned on for your device, go to Settings > Messages > iMessage.
- iMessage is temporarily unavailable on your device or on your recipient’s device.
Find out the difference between iMessage and MMS or SMS messages.
If you receive messages on one device but not the other
If you have an iPhone and another iOS device, like an iPad, your iMessage settings may be set to receive and start messages from your Apple ID instead of your phone number. To check if your phone number is set to send and receive messages, go to Settings > Messages, and tap Send & Receive.
If you can't see your phone number, you can link your iPhone number to your Apple ID so you can send and receive iMessages from your phone number. You can also set up Text Message Forwarding so you can send and receive MMS and SMS messages on all of your Apple devices.
If you have issues with a group message
If you’re in a group message and stop receiving messages, check to see if you have left the conversation. Open Messages and tap the group message. If you see a message stating that you've left the conversation, then either you've left the conversation or you were removed from the group message. You can only re-join a group message if someone in the group adds you.
Not Receiving Messages On Iphone Xr
To start a new group message:
- Open Messages and tap the Compose button to start writing a new message.
- Enter the phone numbers or email addresses of your contacts.
- Type your message, then tap the Send button .
If you have other issues with a group message, you may need to delete the conversation and start a new one. To delete a group message:
- Open Messages and find the conversation that you want to delete.
- Swipe left over the conversation.
- Tap Delete.
If you delete a message, you won't be able to recover it. If you want to save parts of a message, take a screenshot. To save an attachment in a message, touch and hold the attachment, tap More, then tap Save.
Not Receiving Imessages On Iphone
- If you still can't send or receive messages, contact Apple Support.
- If you don't receive SMS messages, contact your carrier.
- If you've switched to a non-Apple phone, find out how to deactivate iMessage.
- Learn how to report unwanted iMessages.