Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
For example, once v19.03.0 is released, all subsequent patch releases are built from the 19.03 branch. Test In preparation for a new year-month release, a branch is created from the master branch with format YY.mm when the milestones desired by Docker for the release have achieved feature-complete. Latest/stable 19.03.13 Install Install latest/stable of docker. Ubuntu 16.04 or later? View in Desktop store Make sure snap support is. If you need a complete Docker installation for Ubuntu, there is a guide on devconnected about it. Before moving to the next section, make sure that you have the latest version of Docker running. $ docker -version Docker version 19.03.1, build 74b1e89. Now that your Docker is ready, let’s install the Prometheus container. The Docker Desktop installation includes Docker Engine, Docker CLI client, Docker Compose, Notary, Kubernetes, and Credential Helper. Install and run Docker Desktop on Mac Double-click Docker.dmg to open the installer, then drag the Docker icon to the Applications folder.
Docker Engine is available on a variety of Linux platforms,macOS and Windows 10through Docker Desktop, and as a static binary installation. Findyour preferred operating system below. Crystal rock bookends.
|Platform||x86_64 / amd64|
|Docker Desktop for Mac (macOS)|
|Docker Desktop for Windows|
.rpm packages from the following Linux distributionsand architectures:
|Platform||x86_64 / amd64||ARM||ARM64 / AARCH64|
Other Linux distributions
While the instructions below may work, Docker does not test or verifyinstallation on derivatives.
- Users of Debian derivatives such as “BunsenLabs Linux”, “Kali Linux” or “LMDE” (Debian-based Mint) should follow the installation instructions forDebian, substituting the version of their distro for thecorresponding Debian release. Refer to the documentation of your distro to findwhich Debian release corresponds with your derivative version.
- Likewise, users of Ubuntu derivatives such as “Kubuntu”, “Lubuntu” or “Xubuntu”should follow the installation instructions for Ubuntu,substituting the version of their distro for the corresponding Ubuntu release.Refer to the documentation of your distro to find which Ubuntu releasecorresponds with your derivative version.
- Some Linux distributions are providing a package of Docker Engine through theirpackage repositories. These packages are built and maintained by the Linuxdistribution’s package maintainers and may have differences in configurationor built from modified source code. Docker is not involved in releasing thesepackages and bugs or issues involving these packages should be reported inyour Linux distribution’s issue tracker.
Docker provides binaries for manual installation of Docker Engine.These binaries are statically linked and can be used on any Linux distribution.
Docker Engine has three types of update channels, stable, test,and nightly:
- The Stable channel gives you latest releases for general availability.
- The Test channel gives pre-releases that are ready for testing beforegeneral availability (GA).
- The Nightly channel gives you latest builds of work in progress for thenext major release.
Year-month releases are made from a release branch diverged from the masterbranch. The branch is created with format
<year>.<month>, for example
19.03. The year-month name indicates the earliest possible calendarmonth to expect the release to be generally available. All further patchreleases are performed from that branch. For example, once
v19.03.0 isreleased, all subsequent patch releases are built from the
In preparation for a new year-month release, a branch is created fromthe master branch with format
YY.mm when the milestones desired byDocker for the release have achieved feature-complete. Pre-releasessuch as betas and release candidates are conducted from their respective releasebranches. Patch releases and the corresponding pre-releases are performedfrom within the corresponding release branch.
Nightly builds give you the latest builds of work in progress for the next majorrelease. They are created once per day from the master branch with the versionformat:
where the time is the commit time in UTC and the final suffix is the prefixof the commit hash, for example
These builds allow for testing from the latest code on the master branch. Noqualifications or guarantees are made for the nightly builds.
Docker Engine releases of a year-month branch are supported with patches asneeded for one month after the next year-month general availability release.
This means bug reports and backports to release branches are assesseduntil the end-of-life date.
After the year-month branch has reached end-of-life, the branch may bedeleted from the repository.
Backports to the Docker products are prioritized by the Docker company. ADocker employee or repository maintainer will endeavour to ensure sensiblebugfixes make it into active releases.
If there are important fixes that ought to be considered for backport toactive release branches, be sure to highlight this in the PR descriptionor by adding a comment to the PR.
Patch releases are always backward compatible with its year-month version.
Docker is licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0. SeeLICENSE for the fulllicense text.
Reporting security issues
The Docker maintainers take security seriously. If you discover a securityissue, please bring it to their attention right away!
Install Docker 19.03 Ubuntu Bootable
Please DO NOT file a public issue; instead send your report privatelyto [email protected]
Security reports are greatly appreciated, and Docker will publicly thank youfor it.
After setting up Docker, you can learn the basics withGetting started with Docker.