- Access My Router Information
- Manage Router Settings
- How To Know Router Ip Address
- What's My Router's Ip
Access My Router Information
Look for the number next to 'Default gateway.' This number is the IP address of your router. You can type the IP address into a web browser to access your router's settings. Consult the manufacturer's website if you don't know the login information for your router. Windows users can find their router IP using Command Prompt. Vrchat macrackle. Press the Windows Key + R to open the Run window. Type cmd and press enter. When Command Prompt opens, type ipconfig and press enter. The router IP address will be listed next to Default gateway. If you need further guidance, check out our full guide on finding your IP Address in. To find your routers internal IP address the easiest method is with a little command line tool called ipconfig that comes with Windows. First you need to click Start and find the Run command. You should see a little run dialog box that looks something like this. In the run dialog box type in cmd and either press enter or click the Ok button.
If you want to make changes to your router, you need to know your routerâ€™s IP address. Perhaps you want to change the network name, create a new WiFi password, or use a different channel to boost your internet speed. These functions are accessible through your routerâ€™s log-on page, but you can only get there if you know how to find your routerâ€™s IP address.
What is an IP Address?
An Internet Protocol (IP) address isa unique string of numbers that identifies the devices in a network. Itâ€™s kindof like a mailing address that lets the mailman will know exactly where to dropoff your packages.
IP addresses can be public orprivate. A public IP address is assigned to you by your Internet ServiceProvider (ISP), such as AT&T or Comcast. However, a private IP address iswhat allows all your devices to communicate with each other over your privatenetwork. In order to be connected to the outside world, devices with a privateIP address need to connect to a public IP address, usually through a modem.
IP addresses can also be static or dynamic. A static IP address will not change over time, while a dynamic IP address does change. In most cases, your router will take a (mostly) static public IP address from your modem and transform it into a dynamic private IP address. This allows you to buy new devices and connect them to your WiFi without having to set a new IP address for every device.
How to Find Your Routerâ€™s IP Address on Windows
If youâ€™re using Windows, you canfind your routerâ€™s IP address by using the Command Prompt app or the ControlPanel. From the Command Prompt app, type ipconfig, hit Enter, and yoursystem will bring up your default gateway or IP address. In Control Panel, goto Network and internet > View network status and tasks > Ethernet >Details. Here are the steps for each method.
How to Find Router IP Address with Command Prompt
- Click the Windows search bar, and type Command Prompt in the search box.
- Then press Enter. You can also double click on the Command Prompt app that appears in the search results.
- Type ipconfig in the command line and press Enter.
- You will see your routerâ€™s IP address next to the Default Gateway.
How to Find Router IP Address with the Control Panel
Ifyou prefer to use the Control Panel, hereâ€™s how to find your routerâ€™s IPaddress:
- Open the Windows search bar and type Control Panel in the search box.
- Hit Enter. You can also double click on the Control Panel app.
- Under Network and Internet, click on View network status and tasks.
- Then click on the link for Connection: WiFi. If you are connecting directly to your router with an Ethernet cable, this might say Connection: Ethernet instead.
- Then click on Details in the pop-up box.
- Your routerâ€™s IP address will be next to IPv4 Default Gateway.
How to Find Your Routerâ€™s IP Address on a Mac
You can find your routerâ€™s IPaddress on a Mac in two ways. First, you can open System Preferences, click onNetwork, and then see the connection details on the Ethernet or WiFi panel. Or,you can launch the Terminal app, type netstat -nr grep default, hitEnter, and look at the default IP address. Just follow these steps below.
How to Find Router IP Address with System Preferences
- Go to System Preferences. You can access this by clicking on the Apple logo in the top left corner of your screen and clicking System Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Network.
- Select WiFi in the left panel. If you are connected through Ethernet, your router IP address will be displayed along with other network information when you select the Ethernet from the left-hand side of the panel.
- Then click on Advanced.
- Click on the TCP/IP tab in the top panel.
- You will find your routerâ€™s IP address next to Router.
How to Find Router IP Address with the Terminal App
- Open the Terminal app. You can find this by opening your Applications folder and double-clicking Utilities.
- Then type netstat -nr grep default, and press Enter.
- Your routerâ€™s IP address will be indicated after the line which says â€œdefault.â€
How to Sign In To Your Router
- Open any web browser. You can use Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or any other web browser.
- Type your routerâ€™s default IP address into the search bar, and press Enter.
Note: You might be prompted that the webpage you are trying to view is not secure. Make sure that you have the correct address typed in, then click on the option to proceed even if itâ€™s unsafe.
- Log in by typing your routerâ€™s user name and password.
Note: This information can be usually found in your routerâ€™s manual. Default log-in credentials per router brand vary.
If you are still having problems figuring out how to log in to your router, be sure to check out our guide on how to reset a router.