Every Roku device has its own IP address which lets it join your home network, and it's possible to find your Roku IP address in three different ways. You can find the IP address on the Roku's. This is the only internal IP address you can access using your remote. To determine the internal IP address of your TV Box using the Fiber remote: Press menu; then navigate to Settings Help & Info System Info. The System Info screen displays the IP address of your TV Box at the top of the screen.
For you to assign static IP address to your Smart TV or change your DNS, you will need your remote to move around your Network settings. However, there are some instances when you could not find your remote. When this happens, do not fret as you will still be able to find your Samsung Smart TV’s IP address. How? To learn more, read further.
Find Samsung Smart TV IP address
There are different methods to find your IP address. You could do this on your computer, TV and smartphone.
1-2 Operations with Rational Numbers - Answers - Maze Activity 1-2 Operations with Rational Numbers – Answers – Maze Activity real numbers maze answer key real number system activities pdf activities for teaching the real number system real numbers activity sheet rational number maze answer key rational number maze answers rational numbers puzzle worksheet rational. 1.2 operations with rational numbersmr. mac's page number.
How To Find Tv Ip Address
1. On a computer
Finding the IP address of you Samsung Smart TV from your Windows computer or Mac is easy. All you need is a little help from Angry IP Scanner .
- Step 1 – Download and install software on your computer
- Step 2 – Install and run the software on your computer
- Step 3 – Press the scan button of Angry IP Scanner. This will automatically detect your IP range. If it does not detect your range, go with 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.255
- Step 4 – A list containing manufacturers’ name will appear and show up
If you have other Samsung phones and Samsung TVs at your place, this app could pick up all the devices which could confuse you on which actual TV IP address you are trying to figure out. Hence, to filter it, all you need to do is right click the IP address then click open and do a ping test before and after turning on your TV. This would work as SONAR wherein it sends data packets to your devices. Hence, when your device is turned off, you will not get any ping replies.
Find Tv Ip Address
Another popular app which allows you to find devices which are connected to your network, Fing is available on Android and iOS. To use this app, all you need to do is the following:
- Step 1 – Install Fing on your device
- Step 2 – Ensure that your device is connected to the same network as your Smart TV.
- Step 3 – Run the app
- Step 4 – Go to the devices tab
- Step 5 – Scan button found on the top right portion
- Step 6 – Look for your Samsung Smart TV on the list of devices
Unlike angryip, this app has the ability to recognize the devices. However, if you wish, you could do a ping test.
Routers have the ability to show you list of all the devices that are connected to it. Hence, you could check all the connected devices in the router console. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Step 1 – Go to router login page
- Step 2 – Enter your login credentials
- Step 3 – Look for your Samsung Smart TV
- Step 4 – If you cannot find the name of your Samsung Smart TV, try to ping the IP address while your TV is switched off. If it does, then you would know that it is not your Smart TV.
4. Use your smartphone as a remote
One of the coolest features of Samsung Smartphones is its ability to be used as a remote control. With this, you could use it to find your IP address by navigating to Network settings. To do this, just follow the steps below.
- Step 1 – Install the app, SmartThings on your Android or iOS device
- Step 2 – log into your Samsung account. If you do not have a Samsung account yet, you could create one through this link
- Step 3 – Tap + button
- Step 4 – Add TV on your app. Follow the instructions provided
- Step 5 – Navigate using your touchpad and buttons on the screen
- Step 6 – Find the IP address of your TV by going to Settings > General > Network > Network Status > IP Settings
Take in mind that SmartThings only works on Samsung TVs, however, if you use other devices, there are other apps which allows you to control your TV through your phone. All you need to do is install the app and navigate through it to find your IP address.
- Android TV – Android TV Remote Control
- LG Smart TV – LG TV Plus
- Roku – Roku App
- Firestick – Amazon Fire TV App
- Apple TV- Apple TV app
We hope through this article, we were able to guide you on how to be able to find the IP address of your Smart TV even without the use of a remote control.