- Apple Os Upgrade 2019
- Apple Os Upgrade Catalina
- Apple Os X Upgrade
- Apple Os Upgrade Path
- Apple Os Upgrade Compatibility
- Don't Like Paying High Prices? Comparison Shop at Nextag and Find the Best Value for Electronics, Home & Garden, Clothing, Hotels and So Much More!
- We would like to show you a description here but the site won’t allow us.
macOS Big Sur elevates the most advanced desktop operating system in the world to a new level of power and beauty. Experience Mac to the fullest with a refined new design. Enjoy the biggest Safari update ever. Discover new features for Maps and Messages. And get even more transparency around your privacy.
macOS Big Sur is compatible with these computers:
Apple Trade In Turn the device you have into the one you want. With Apple Trade In, you can get credit toward your purchase on an Apple Gift Card when you trade in your current device. 1 If your device isn’t eligible for credit, we’ll recycle it for free. Learn more about Apple Trade In. If you're using OS X El Capitan v10.11.5 or later and your App Store preferences or Software Update preferences are set to download new updates when available, macOS Big Sur will download conveniently in the background, making it even easier to upgrade. A notification will inform you when macOS Big Sur is ready to be installed. Click Install to.
MacBook introduced in 2015 or later
MacBook Air introduced in 2013 or later
MacBook Pro introduced in late 2013 or later
Mac mini introduced in 2014 or later
iMac introduced in 2014 or later
Mac Pro introduced in 2013 or later
View the complete list of compatible computers.
If upgrading from macOS Sierra or later, macOS Big Sur requires 35.5GB of available storage to upgrade. If upgrading from an earlier release, macOS Big Sur requires up to 44.5GB of available storage. To upgrade from OS X Mountain Lion, first upgrade to OS X El Capitan, then upgrade to macOS Big Sur.
Make a backup
Before installing any upgrade, it’s a good idea to back up your Mac. Time Machine makes it simple, and other backup methods are also available. Learn how to back up your Mac.
It takes time to download and install macOS, so make sure that you have a reliable Internet connection. If you're using a Mac notebook computer, plug it into AC power.
Download macOS Big Sur
If you're using macOS Mojave or later, get macOS Big Sur via Software Update: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Software Update.
Or use this link to open the macOS Big Sur page on the App Store: Get macOS Big Sur. Then click the Get button or iCloud download icon.
After downloading, the installer opens automatically.
Click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions. You might find it easiest to begin installation in the evening so that it can complete overnight, if needed.
Apple Os Upgrade 2019
If the installer asks for permission to install a helper tool, enter the administrator name and password that you use to log in to your Mac, then click Add Helper.
Allow installation to complete
Please allow installation to complete without putting your Mac to sleep or closing its lid. Your Mac might restart, show a progress bar, or show a blank screen several times as it installs both macOS and related updates to your Mac firmware.
Stay up to date
After installing macOS Big Sur, you will be notified when updates to macOS Big Sur are available. You can also use Software Update to check for updates: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Software Update.
Or get macOS Big Sur automatically
If you're using OS X El Capitan v10.11.5 or later and your App Store preferences or Software Update preferences are set to download new updates when available, macOS Big Sur will download conveniently in the background, making it even easier to upgrade. A notification will inform you when macOS Big Sur is ready to be installed. Click Install to get started, or dismiss the notification to install later. When you're ready to install, just open the file named Install macOS Big Sur from your Applications folder.
Apple Os Upgrade Catalina
- If the installer shows a list of apps that are not optimized for your Mac, learn about 32-bit app compatibility, then choose whether to proceed with the installation.
- For the strongest security and latest features, upgrade to macOS Big Sur. If you have hardware or software that isn't compatible with Big Sur, you might be able to install an earlier macOS.
- You can also use macOS Recovery to reinstall the macOS you're using now, upgrade to the latest compatible macOS, or install the macOS that came with your Mac.
Here's how it works
Choose from a total of 50GB, 200GB, or 2TB. You can even share the 200GB and 2TB plans with your family. Your storage is upgraded immediately, and your monthly payment date reflects the purchase date for your plan. If you upgrade from one paid plan to another, we’ll cancel your existing plan and charge you the prorated cost* of your new, larger plan.
You're billed every month for your storage plan unless you downgrade or cancel your plan. Each month you'll get an email to remind you of your upcoming payment.
Learn about iCloud storage plans and pricing in your region.
With Apple One, you can choose a subscription plan that includes 50GB, 200GB, or 2TB of iCloud storage. If you need more iCloud storage, you can buy more for a total of up to 4TB.
Learn more about your iCloud storage and Apple One.
Upgrade your iCloud storage from any device
Whether you’re on an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC, upgrading your iCloud storage is simple. Choose your device below and buy more in just a few quick steps.
How to upgrade on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Manage Storage or iCloud Storage.
- Tap Buy More Storage or Change Storage Plan.
- Choose a plan.
- Tap Buy and follow the onscreen instructions.
If you're on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 14 or iPadOS 14 or later, tap here to upgrade your iCloud storage.
How to upgrade on your Mac
Apple Os X Upgrade
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Apple ID. If you’re using macOS Mojave or earlier, you don’t need to click Apple ID.
- Click iCloud.
- Click Manage in the lower-right corner.
- Click Change Storage Plan or Buy More Storage, and choose a plan.
- Click Next and enter your Apple ID password.
How to upgrade on your Windows PC
- Open iCloud for Windows.
- Click Storage.
- Click Change Storage Plan.
- Choose a plan, then click Next.
- Enter your Apple ID password, then click Buy.
Apple Os Upgrade Path
- When you buy more iCloud storage, your upgrade is billed to the Apple ID that you use with iCloud. See or change your Apple ID payment information.
- If you reach or exceed your iCloud storage limit, just buy more storage or make space available. You get 1GB of free storage with web-only access to iCloud.
- With Apple One, you can bundle your iCloud storage with Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and more for a low monthly price. Learn how to sign up for Apple One.
- Discover what iCloud backs up.
- If you have more space in iCloud than you need, you can downgrade or cancel your storage plan at any time.
Apple Os Upgrade Compatibility
* We'll charge you the cost of the higher-tier plan minus the prorated cost of your previous plan.